What is Logistics & Supply Chain Management?
- Logistics is the process / chain management of transport flow and the storage of goods and services from its origin to it consumptions.
- It includes both inbound & outbound movements of goods & services.
- Supply Chain Management (SCM) is the oversight of materials, information, and finances as they move in a process from supplier to manufacturer to wholesaler to retailer to consumer.
- The goal of logistics activities is to satisfy the needs of the ultimate consumer—you. Simply stated, logistics professionals ensure that the right product, in the right quantity, in the right condition, is delivered to the right customer at the right place, at the right time, at the right cost.
About the Industry
- The domestic logistics industry which is estimated to generate business worth 135 billion dollars by 2020 would need 4, 30,000 skilled manpower by 2020.
- Salaries start at INR. 3.5 lac and go over to INR. 7 lac p.a. in a span of 5 to 6 years depending upon the aptitude and performance of the candidate.
- The spending on logistics in India stands at INR. 4 trillion, whereas globally it is INR. 90 trillion.
- The sector currently employs over 40 million people in the world.
- Indian Logistics industry would need 28.4 million skilled people in the “Senior Resource Category” in warehouse management by 2022.
- Indian logistics industry is at an inflection point and will reach a market size of over $125 billion in coming years.
- ILAM training programs are supported by state-of-the-art infrastructure, facilities and courseware at par with the highest standards.
- ILAM is a pioneer Institute in India offering specialised programs in BBA Logistics and Supply Chain Management.
- ILAM has strong industrial tie ups with the major players in the field of Logistics.
- Additional Certificate from Confederation of India Industry (CII) in Logistics Management.
- 17000+ student’s alumni network working across the globe.
- Average starting salary of ILAMian’s 4.0 to 7.0 lacs P.A.
- Industry Attachments: Project Work, Guest Lectures, Preparation & Presentation, Seminars, Conferences, Integrated Experience- Internship / Training in the Industry.
- Students can shape their careers with specialized BBA / MBA programmes in the most promising industries of this decade.
What will you study?
- Business Communication
- Financial Accounting – I
- Principles of Management
- Business Mathematics
- Micro Economics
- Personality & Soft Skills Development
- Macro Economics
- Financial Accounting – II
- Business Statistics
- Organization Behaviour
- Marketing Management
- Business Law
- Project Management
- International Operations Management
- Managing Retailing, Wholesaling & logistics
- Financial Management
- Human Resource Management
- Computer Applications (Theory & Practical)
- Warehouse Control & Material Management
- Fundamentals of Retail Management
- Information Systems for Logistics Management
- Research Methods in Management
- Corporate Governance & Business Ethics
- Management Information Systems
- Environmental Studies
- International Business Management
- Consumer Behaviour
- Service Operations Management
- Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- Shipping & Transport Logistics Operations
- Transport Management & Physical Distribution
- Mini Project- Cargo Operations including safety & security
- Total Quality Management
- Marketing for Entrepreneurs
- Merchandise Management
- Major Project-Mall Management
Deliverables of the program:
- Real time exposure with Internship / Training programs in Logistics industry
- GD and Interview preparation
- All programs are fully residential with furnished hostel facility available for the students
- Industry Attachments with Project work / Presentations / Industrial Visits / Guest lectures / Seminars / Conferences / Practical Assignments.
- This programme provides a blend of practical and classroom teaching which makes you a preferred candidate by your future employer.
- Ashok Leyland
- DB SCHENKER
Candidates need to fill the application form to appear for online test. The admission process is fairly detailed & followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview conducted by ILAM.
All intermediate with min 50% are eligible to enrol for this programme.