- The Indian Fashion Industry is expected to reach US $ 400 million in a couple of years.
- The Fashion Retail market will grow at a promising CAGR of 9.7 per cent.India has the world’s largest youth population in the world, and they are becoming more and more fashion conscious today, which has increased the demand for fashion designer.
- The Indian Textile Industry is estimated around 108 billion dollars and is expected by to reach 223 billion dollars by 2021.
- The Industry employs 45 million people which makes it one of the largest source of employment generation.
Why BSc Fashion Design?
- 3 Year UGC Recognized programme.
- Study in lush green campus, equipped with modern amenities.
- Dedicated CAD labs & design resource centres with dedicated trainers.
- With a dedicated team of highly competent industry experts, students gain real-time industry exposure.
- Internship programs with leading fashion houses and work integrated practices provide students with practical understanding of working in the industry.
- Our Training and Placement cell is a highly focused and committed towards providing students with proper guidance helping them to achieve success.
- The fashion designing courses in India are job oriented and hold much value in the market.
- Fashion designing is one of the most lucrative, appealing, glamorous & exciting career options in today's world. Currently, the fashion designing contributes to 15% of the total exports from India and supports about 45 million people through job opportunities.
- The future of fashion designing industry in India looks promising, buoyed by both strong domestic consumption as well as export demand.
- ILAM, an eminent institute offering competent course in Fashion designing, aims to make the decision easier for those aspirants who are willing to make their careers in fashion designing industry.
- Classroom teaching by eminent faculty involving lectures, power point presentations and hand-outs.
- Workshops are conducted for students to emphasize on problem-solving through interaction and exchange of information.
- Students gain valuable insight about the Indian Fashion Industry through guest lectures and industrial visits.
- Fashion Media
- Jewellery Houses
- Media Houses
- Fashion Accessory Design
- Design Production Management
- Export & Import Houses
- Fashion Marketing and Merchandising
- Quality Control
- Brand Promotion
- Garment Manufacturing Unit
- Garment Store Chains
- Freelancing of Fashion Houses
- Design Wear Production
- Design Department
What would you become?
- Fashion Coordinator
- Fashion Consultant
- Design Director
- Fashion Director
- Fashion Curator
- Fashion Illustrator
- Personal Stylist
- Apparel Production Manager
- Costume Designer
- Fabric Quality Control Manager
- Fashion Consultant
- Pattern Cutter/ Grader
- Sales Manager
- Fashion Show Organizer
- Technical Designer
- Fashion journalist or blogger
- Fashion Merchandiser
- Fashion Marketing
- Fashion Advisors
- Concept Designer
- Allen Solly
- Arvind Garments
- Omega Designs
- Forever 21
- Shoppers Stop
- Calvin Klein
- Tommy Hilfiger
What Would you study?
- Spoken English 1
- Management Concepts
- Accounting 1
- Fashion Illustration
- Visualization and Representation
- Mind Management and Human Values
- Sewing Technology
- Textile Science
- Advanced Spoken English
- Organizational Behaviour & Human Resource Management
- Draping and Basic Sewing Techniques
- Pattern Making - I
- Marketing Management & Ecommerce
- Business Application-Excel
- Communicative English
- Financial Management
- Fashion Studies
- Draping & Drafting
- Customer Relationship Management
- Introduction to Advertising
- Garment Construction I
- Research Mythology
- Apparel Marketing and Retail
- Advance Garment Construction -II
- New Media
- Environmental Studies
- Foreign Language (German)
- Advance Pattern Making & Grading
- Operations Management
- International Marketing
- Fashion Communication
- Apparel Manufacturing Technology
- Advance Garment Construction - III
- Mini Project- Fashion Portfolio Presentation- Fibre to Fashion Value Chain
- Total Quality Management
- Consumer Psychology
- Major Project - Fashion Portfolio Presentation – Mood Boards, Client Board, Colour Board, Look Board, Flat Sketches, Swatch Board, Fibre to Fashion Value Chain
- Soft skills Personality Development Training
- Internship Training & Reporting
Candidates need to fill the application form to appear for online test. The admission process is fairly detailed & followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview conducted by ILAM.
10+2 or equivalent examination in any stream with 50% marks.