Student Mentorship Program
We at ILAM firmly believe in its philosophy of providing education at par with international standards through class room training and continuous exchange of information with industry professionals to foster professional excellence in design and execution of management skills of our students. In our endeavor to further our above philosophy we are pleased to announce one more initiative Students Mentorship program for our MBA – Logistics students’ fraternity. ILAM is the pioneer institute in launching the first of its kind initiative to help students gain maximum practical exposure from the industry.
The concept is conceived by ILAM to empower its MBA students with functional live experiences of industry experts and making them more adaptable to functional requirements- post program.
Mentorship is a program long activity in which a student gets attached to a function specific expert for gaining real life experiences during his/her program. It provides an excellent opportunity to a student to value add his/her class room learning with real life learning from finest industry experts. Under the program, a student gets attached to an expert and he/she is required to spend mutually agreeable time with his/her mentor every month. The student is required to submit a detail report to his/her faculty summarizing his/her learning from such meetings with in seven days of meeting with the mentor. A student is required to freeze his/her learning objectives and an agenda of the meeting at least one week prior to the scheduled meeting in consultation with his/her faculty who in turn will send the same to the mentor. The learning/ findings as recorded by a student will be measured by ILAM faculty on a scale of 1 to 10 and will assign marks to the student for this specific activity.
Benefits to the Mentor:
- The program gives an opportunity to the mentor to share his/her functional experiences with the mentee and guide them to become a better professional tomorrow.
- It provides them a platform to contribute to the noble cause of education.
- Snippets with photographs of Mentor- Mentee will be published in ILAM quarterly news letter for circulation to sector professionals.
- It gives the mentor a status of adjunct (visiting) faculty in the concerned areas of specialization to supplement learning.
- ILAM provides you with life time premier membership of ILAM body for Logistics Professionals.
Benefits to the Mentee:
- It enables student to correlate his class room learning’s with the real life professional situations.
- It provides him/her a platform to continuously assimilate the functional experiences of industry honchos and do value addition to his/her professional growth.