FAQ’s – Aviation Management Programmes
What career opportunities are open to someone with a BBA/MBA degree in the Aviation Sector?
Students with this degree normally seek careers in airline operations, which includes flight dispatch, station management, flight schedule coordination, air cargo administration, public relations, and marketing or customer service. Many graduates pursue careers in airport management, and some seek positions within state or government aviation agencies.
Are the professors and lecturers at ILAM experienced in the Aviation industry?
Our top-notch faculty includes eminent academicians and professionals of National and International repute with extensive experience in Aviation as well as the related industries. All the faculty members at ILAM has a min of 7 years to 20 years industrial experience with most of them being PhD qualified.
What makes the aviation management program at ILAM better than taking any other business course at another college?
ILAM’s Aviation Management program gives you hands-on experience as to what to expect in the aviation industry, whereas other colleges typically give you required business and management skills, but not the aviation background. ILAM provides a series of business courses along with management courses that will enable you to become a manager not only in aviation but also in virtually any other industry. You will learn the fundamental aspects of aviation such as Overview of Civil Aviation, Principals of Management, Airport Terminal Operations, Aviation Security, Business Communication, Airport Operations, In-Flight Service Management, Cabin Crew & Ground Staff Handling etc.
What is the starting salary after completing a course in Aviation Management?
Starting salary varies from student to student after they complete their course in Aviation Management. Its varies from INR 3 lac - INR 6 lac annually. The salary package can be higher depending on the calibre of the candidate.
What will I study?
- The program prepares students on application of modern management concepts, methods and tools to the challenges of aviation industry.
- The special intricacies of aviation sector are woven into a strong, traditional business foundation and examined in greater detail through the wide variety of specified electives.
- The curriculum is oriented towards brand management, customer satisfaction, passenger services and fleet management, allied services, fuelling management, etc.
What are the job opportunities available in the Aviation industry?
- Approximately 2.5 – 5 lakh jobs are there in the Indian Aviation Industry. Infrastructure modernization, huge investment, expanding air fleet & with ever growing economy AVIATION is the hottest sector in terms of career.
- Foreign equity up to 100% is allowed by the means of automatic approvals pertaining to establishment of Greenfield Airports and up to 74% to the existing airports.
- In the present scenario around 115 domestic airlines and above 60 international airlines are operating in India.
- The Aviation Industry requires skilled professionals.
What are the various positions available in Airlines?
- Cargo Supervisors
- Management Trainee
- Flight Dispatcher
- Station Attendant
- Information Representative
- Crew Schedule Coordinator
- Airline Station Agent
- Airport Operation Supervisor
- Cabin Crew
- Ground Staff
- Travel Consultant
What are the areas to be served in Aviation Industry?
- Fleet Management
- Ground Handling
- Customer Service
- Crew Scheduling
- Safety and Security
- In- Flight Service
- Slot Allocation
- Medical Tourism
What are the positions available in the Aviation Sector?
- Airport Services Manager/ Airport Manager
- Airport Services Supervisor
- In-Flight Instructor
- In-Flight Manager
- Reservation & Ticketing agent
- Guest Services Manager
- Procurement Consultants
- Duty Manager
- Customer service manager
- Production planning & operations
- International Logistics Manager
- Transportation Manager
- Commercial Contracts manager
Why ILAM for Aviation Courses?
ILAM India provides you with the best of the training facilities and placements. We are just not some institute starting yesterday at this business; we have been here for the past 15 years with a huge number of our students getting placed in the best of the aviation industry each year. We believe that a good environment and excellent mentors are the keys to success in any sector. Thus we have for the students almost 150 faculty members teaching you in the most student-friendly environment to help you prepare for a bright tomorrow.
Is ILAM having any training partners for Aviation Courses?
Yes, ILAM has strong industry tie-ups & academic partnerships. To name a few ILAM has below mentioned partnerships
FWSTC - Fly-Wing Simulator Training Centre to train the students for the below- mentioned trainings:
- Airport Safety Training, Ramp Safety Training, Fire-Drill Training, Ditching/Wet Drill
- Emergency Landing Training, Emergency Exit
- Smoke & Live Fire Training, Water Survival / Raft Boarding
- Galileo Software Training, Aircraft Ground Handling
- First Aid Training
GMR - GMR is the largest private developers & operators of Airports in India. They provide additional certificates to our students for participating in training programs arranged by them. With this collaboration students to get following benefits:
- Be a part of training sessions / workshops organized by GMR
- Opportunity to meet the Industry people
- Additional Certificates by GMR
- Hands on experience with real time industry situations
Interglobe - ICRI has Interglobe as our training partners, to train our Aviation Management students on World’s largest online software reservation system - Galileo.
Carver Aviation - ICRI has joined hands with Carver Aviation, is first to launch an integrated BSc Aviation Management program with CPL.