About Logistics & Aviation
- Logistics is the art and science of managing and controlling the flow of goods, energy, information and other resources from the source of production to the marketplace.
- A typical supply chain for a product involves input from the supplier, producer, distribution centre, retailer & consumer, whilst transport is the link between all stages - Transportation firms, Third party logistics firms, Manufacturing firms, Merchandizing firms, Consulting firms, Service institutions and other organizations.
- The domestic logistics industry, which is estimated to generate business worth $110 billion in the next two years, would need 420,000*skilled manpower by 2015.
- The Aviation industry in India encompasses a wide range of services related to air transport such as passenger and cargo airlines, unscheduled service operators.
- Infrastructure modernization, huge investment, expanding air fleet & with ever growing economy AVIATION is the hottest sector in term of career.
Areas to be served in Logistics
- Inventory control
- Customer services
- Strategic planning